Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guatemala Trip

Hi All
We are in Guatemala. We have just completed the first book delivery tour and are now back at the Radison Hotel in Guatemala City. I would love to post some pictures but I can't hook my camera to this antique computer with the Spanish key board.

We delivered books to half of the schools on this trip and will do the rest on the second tour. We leave for Tikal in the morning and will be there for three days. Then back to the work of delivering books to the remote mountain schools in the Western Highlands of Guatemala.

All together we will deliver books to 20 schools. We are also going to dedicate four computer labs. We have done half of these already. The weather is pretty good, the temp is in the mid seventies and the sun is shining. We really miss all the snow and bad weather at home. Ha Ha.

We went to church here in Guatemala City this morning with some friends who live here. They speak English but the church meetings were all in Spanish. There were several American missionaries in the congragation so we got to speak to a few people in English.

When I get back from Tikal I will try to post some pictures but I may have to wait until I get home. This Spanish key board is giving me fits. Love you all and look forward to getting home.
After the weather gets better at home of course.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Great to hear you guys are doing well and enjoying all the nice weather and sunshine! Be safe and we love you!

amy said...

Sounds like you guys are hard at work and accomplishing alot. We pray for you each day and we send our love. We are jealous of the sun and warm weather. Utah has been brutal since we got here. Snow storm after snow storm. I am very sick of the snow and cold. Hugs and kisses to you both. Keep posting so we can hear about your travels. Loves to you-